Friday, September 01, 2006

Slight Improvement

The sum total assessment of all the scans and the work-up from NYC is probably best characterized as "slight improvement." There is still disease present, but the picture is a bit vague given the difference in machines, etc. compared to those in FW. So, I think one great indicator is the disappearance of Paul's symptoms, but there is still tumor to eliminate. One important issue is whether or not the present round of chemo will take the tumor down to a level that our doc in NY is comfortable with to begin immunotherapy. We are currently exploring some other options as "second steps" to help Paul get there. Please continue to pray for Paul's healing, that these drugs will continue to kill the tumor and for treatment options/decisions that may be on the horizon. The schedule now is for Paul to finish up chemo by Sunday afternoon and then come home. Hopefully he'll be able to get some school in before his counts bottom out next week sometime.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leigh - Your NY memo brought tears streaming down my face....I wept for your joy, and your fear.

Our prayers are with you daily....twice a day, three times sometimes! I hope that brings you all comfort.

Blessings to you all.....

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers continue to go out for Paul's healing and for a good week of treatment...improvement and minimal side effects...and no bad teeth!

Leigh, I hope that you will consider putting your writings in a publication. They are so honest and touching...showing so much strength and faith aand, at the same time, capturing the reality of fear and being human. I have to admit that I weep when I read them. I hurt for you and your precious family and I, like many others, wish something could be done to take all the horrible stuff out of your life. But God is so good and the miracles only HE can perform are a source of hope, strength and inspiration for our prayers that Paul will be healed and will grow up to serve as a testiment to God's love, power and miracles.
Thank you for sharing from your heart...for being so real...and for providing such an impressive example of honest motherly love and faith in our Heavenly Father. You are absolutely amazing.

God bless you all,
Krys

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home