Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Safe and Sound in Vermont! (Tues update #1)

After getting a big dose of IV antibiotics in the ER yesterday, Paul and T headed off to Vermont. Paul travelled well, slept during most of both flights, and they arrived to the RM house around 11 pm. This morning, Paul seems to be feeling better. He hasn't had fever in over 12 hours, and has been hinting at an emerging appetite. Of course, when you haven't eaten in 2 days due to an upset stomach, it is best to start off slow. Understanding this, Paul decided to have some Sour Patch candy for dinner last night. YUMMMMMMMMM....

Today will be a long day. Paul has already gotten a unit of platelets and had an EKG this morning, and is getting ready to do a bone marrow aspirate and biopsy (remember - this is the procedure where they extract a sliver of bone from his hip and look for NB cells). After that, he'll get another dose of chemo. I think they will both be pretty beat up tonight. Please pray for patience and joy in the midst of it all today.

I must admit, I struggle between gratitude and pity a lot of the time. I am grateful that Paul has had some wonderful days recently. I am grateful for getting his disease under control. I am grateful every morning when he walks out of his room rubbing his eyes and smiling. However, I dread tomorrow and what I know can change in an instant.

I am constantly amazed when I hear from someone who has felt a burden to pray for something specifically. It happens often and it is always right on target with our needs at that time. No doubt, the Lord is at work. And when I make the choice to see it, it is a beautiful thing.

"The LORD favors those who fear Him, those who wait for His lovingkindness." Ps. 147:11

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leigh,

We're lifting Paul up today as he goes through these tests. Also praying for his parents! As for struggling between gratitude and pity, I think a lot of people would be drowning in self-pity. The fact that you can be grateful under the circumstances you've been living under the past 3 years is evidence of your faith. We've all seen God working in your lives in amazing ways during this time. Thanks for sharing the good and the bad. I know a lot of folks have been affected by your openness during all of this. Thanks for sharing.

God Bless.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home