Monday, June 05, 2006

Whit Goes Back to School

Whit began another semester at Baylor's speech clinic this morning. This round will only be 4 weeks long. I took him to his class, and we met his new teacher "Miss Jill." Whit is no longer the new kid; several kids that were there when he started have graduated, and Whit is now the leader. He was a bit cautious at first, but remembered how much fun he has there and ran right in. His speech has developed so rapidly over the last few months that I am not sure they will recognize him. His productive vocabularly is expansive now, but he still needs some articulation work. We are thankful to have him in a place where he gets so much good attention.

Now for a Paul update...Leigh and I went back and forth on our decision to start the new therapy today. Up until midnight last night we were still trying to make up our minds. We have decided to not start today. Paul continues to show ominous signs. For example, he complains of pain off and on and is just not himself. All this, however, is not consistent. Our guts mostly tell us something is going on. Objective data have not reinforced our gut though. As of this morning the bone marrow aspirate and the biopsy are negative. So far the only test/study that has given us any reason to suspect disease progression is the bone scan, and it is only "strongly suggestive." Paul still has the MIBG scan to do on Thursday. Our doc thinks the best plan is to wait on those results. I can't decide if all this is good news or bad news. On the one hand, we strongly suspect disease (bad), but suspicions are not proven with any objective data (good). We remain puzzled and insecure about waiting to begin therapy. Please pray for us as we continue to think on this and decide on a course of action. The Lord is really pushing us to remain faithful here.

By the way, I noticed that there is a place to make comments on this blog. We would love to hear from you!

2 Comments:

Blogger FBC Woodway Blog Editor said...

I’m so relived to get some information on Little Paul!! I’m praying for the decisions yall have to make but rejoice with the good news! Our Father is so good! Rest in this…
I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:16-21

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I would have waited on starting the next treatment as well. I know those few days can seem pretty long, but I know God is guiding you. It was great to see Paul looking so good at church on Sunday. You all looked like you were having fun riding the "golf cart" through the parking lot! We'll keep praying!!!

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home