Sunday, December 17, 2006

Good News, Bad News and Good News

This is Leigh. I'll be doing the posting this week (I'm not sure if you consider that the good news or bad news... your pick!)

The good news is that Paul and I had a great time with lots of visitors to the hospital this weekend. We enjoyed seeing Amy and Lauren, Mrs. Chapman (Paul's kindergarten teacher), Dudley (bringing BK fries - Paul's current strict diet), Nicole (old friend), Callie (new friend), and the Vaughns (all the way from MO). The bad news is that Paul couldn't stay awake for all the fun. He was SO sleepy (we've since lowered his methadone, so he's more alert today). The other good news is that as of 9 pm, Paul is safe and sound in his VT "home" at the Ronald McDonald house. When I talked to Paul, he was eating BK fries and was eager to go downstairs to pick out a gift from under the Christmas tree!

A funny story... Last night we did something for the first time ever: we all FIVE slept in the hospital room. It was chaotic, but fun. Around 5 am, Paul needed to go to the bathroom. While going, he told me that in the morning he wanted to look at his giving tree on the Lunch For Life website to see if he had a present under his tree yet. I agreed that was a good idea. As I climbed back into bed, he said, "You know, I'd really like to do that now since I'm not very sleepy and I'm sorta bored." Well... you know exactly what we did! He promised to be quiet so we wouldn't wake anybody up, I grabbed my laptop, and he found his way to his giving tree. He was SO excited to see that present! He kept giving me silent high fives and whispering "Yeah, baby!" It was so wonderful to see him having such a good time - especially after seeing him so miserable for so long. Praise the Lord for those unforgettable moments!

Well, tomorrow will start early and be a really long one for little Paulie. Thanks so much for your faithful intercession for our family. It is priceless to us.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers and more prayers for all of you. I enjoyed your 'reporting' the news today.
God bless your every moment.
lk

9:53 PM  
Blogger yoursbecausehis said...

We spent a lot of time in prayer for you guys at home group tonight...prayers for release from pain, for good results in Vermont, for fun times together, for getting everybody back together in time for Christmas, for God to draw very near so that you can feel His presence, and for healing. We love you guys! Call any time for anything.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each of you are always in my daily prayers.

D. Lightfoot
Crawford

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a new code for Pauls Giving Tree with Lunch For Life. Lets try to fill up his tree together.
use code 23100

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home