Nifurtimox Reading
For those of you interested in knowing more about the drug we'll be using in VT, I have just uploaded a compelling, concise case study were Nifurtimox was examined as a NB therapy. See the link on the side-bar to the right. It's in a Pdf file, so you'll need Acrobat Reader to see it.

2 Comments:
I just have to post two comments:
1. I'm having fun trying to learn how to spell Nifurtimox, and
2. I've been mulling all day over how the family in this original study must have felt -- your kid is dying of neuroblastoma, gets a blood transfusion, then WHAM! Guess what, your child now also has Chagas disease, a potentially fatal parasitic infection. Only for the child in this study, the medicine used to treat the Chagas unexpectedly sends the NB into remission. To me, this is just the ultimate definition of "blessing in disguise". So your medical article posting has been an inspiration to me today, as you guys are EVERY day. Love, Janet Steve Colin & Melanie
My prayers are with each of you. I ask that God give Paul a great day today.
Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the LORD
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as EAGLES
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint"
D. Lightfoot
Crawford,TX
Post a Comment
<< Home