Great MawMaw
Leigh's Dad phoned this morning to inform us that Leigh's grandmother had passed away earlier this morning. This is Leigh's Dad's mom and the boys' Great MawMaw. Leigh had a wonderful relationship with her grandmother, and only in recent years, mostly since our health issues emerged, have we not made regular trips to South Carolina to visit. She'll be greatly missed, but we have lots of great memories and stories to tell over and over again.
As for us...we stayed indoors on this cold, rainy day except for getting to the church doors from the car. Paul has felt pretty good today, but it's clear he is still feeling some pain and intermittent nausea. We have taken his pain meds down some, however. He'll have a clinic checkup in FW this week, and we'll probably continue radiation as well. Save a few prayers for Leigh's family this week as you pray for us and Paul.
As for us...we stayed indoors on this cold, rainy day except for getting to the church doors from the car. Paul has felt pretty good today, but it's clear he is still feeling some pain and intermittent nausea. We have taken his pain meds down some, however. He'll have a clinic checkup in FW this week, and we'll probably continue radiation as well. Save a few prayers for Leigh's family this week as you pray for us and Paul.

4 Comments:
So sorry to hear about GreatMawMaw. I know that Leigh's heart is aching. And, she is already going through so much. Our prayers are with the entire family.
I am so sorry to hear about Leigh's Grandmother. I too had a special relationship with my Grandmother. I think of her daily.
Glad to hear that you were able to attend church on Sunday. I pray for a good pain free week for Paul!
Always in my daily prayers,
D. Lightfoot
I once read that "Mothering is a necessity; grandmothering is a luxury." I'll bet Leigh's grandmother knew that. The memories do fill in a lot of holes and spaces left when we lose a grandparent. lk
Leigh, Your dad gave me this web site this morniong. I am just beginning to review it. Jerry and I graduated from high school together in 1956. I got to see him and Dot when they were in Lancaster for his mother's funeral.Be assured that we will be praying for Paul and your family. I will also put Paul on our prayer list at church as well as some Clemson web sites that I frequent. God Bless. Bruce Hayes
Post a Comment
<< Home