A bona fide update with no poetry
Well, I realize that I have become too much the poet as of late and not enough the updater of how and what we are doing. This past week Leigh, Jack and I drove to OKC to attend the funeral of Anna Jane Salamy. Leigh and I have become close to this family in the last year or so and especially since Anna began to worsen. The service was inspiring, but that did not stop buckets of tears. Anna was a precious little one, just like our Paul, and it brought back many emotions that lie just beneath the surface.
We spent Thanksgiving the week before at my folks house in East TX. I never stopped thinking about Paul and that everything was moving on without him; however, I think it was a good idea to get out of town, and it was wonderful to be with my family.
In other news, Whit has wrapped up another semester of "speech school," and he is doing quite well. While we attended the funeral, he had a sleepover the night before at Miss Jen's (whom we all adore and couldn't live without), and later that day attended gymnastics with her kids. Apparently he was quite the gym talent.
All-in-all, I think we are holding on OK. This time of year puts Paul's absence in our family under the microscope where we must study it in fine detail. I know that we will press on and that because of your prayers and God's grace, we will make it. (-:
We spent Thanksgiving the week before at my folks house in East TX. I never stopped thinking about Paul and that everything was moving on without him; however, I think it was a good idea to get out of town, and it was wonderful to be with my family.
In other news, Whit has wrapped up another semester of "speech school," and he is doing quite well. While we attended the funeral, he had a sleepover the night before at Miss Jen's (whom we all adore and couldn't live without), and later that day attended gymnastics with her kids. Apparently he was quite the gym talent.
All-in-all, I think we are holding on OK. This time of year puts Paul's absence in our family under the microscope where we must study it in fine detail. I know that we will press on and that because of your prayers and God's grace, we will make it. (-:

1 Comments:
That was better than the root beer on the front stoop!!! : )
But the poetry was good too. I never told you that (although I did tell Leigh). VERY impressive. Thanks for sharing. : )
Post a Comment
<< Home