We didn't put up a single Christmas decoration this year, and as I was watching the neighbors take all their's down, I was glad. The only down side I noticed is that Whit really wasn't aware that Christmas was here when it was time. Being out of town and visiting friends and family made it possible to distract ourselves from Paul's absence from time to time. At the end of each day, however, the reality was and is always there. We think about Paul all the time, share memories and look through his stuff daily.
The kids are back in school, classes are about to begin for me, and life in 2008 is underway. On a positive note, we are making some fun vacation plans for the near future. Thank you all for your wonderful Christmas cards, gifts, and prayers through the holidays.

4 Comments:
Sweet sweet family!! So glad to hear y'all are making summer plans!
I was so empty feeling when I read that yall had not put any Christmas decorations up. But I know that there is no way around the empty spot in your hearts for Paul this past Christmas. I know that the God of hope and peace will fill that space for you with His comfort and joy - - it will just take time,and the spot will always be there. May your 2008 be brighter, more joyful and deeply peaceful.
Well, if you're missing the joy of taking down a Christmas tree, fly over to Georgia and help us take ours down tomorrow. :) We love you guys... thinking of you all the time. The Fricks
You made it through your first holidays without your beloved Paul. Amen!!!! Praying for ya'll everyday and hoping 2008 will be special for all of you.....we know it will be for Paul. Love ya'll!
Post a Comment
<< Home