Money
Paul had a special "money gene." It allowed him to detect coins hidden from the view of others. Legend has it he could hear a coin fall in the distance and immediately know the kind of coin and the year it was minted. Jack possesses a similar gene though less refined. It remains to be seen what gift Whit has for such pecuniary detection. Last year, a college student friend of ours came over to complete an assignment that entailed interviewing children regarding their understanding of money issues. Below is an excerpt from that interview.
How much is a lot of money?
J: "$75-$150"
P: "$100"
W: "A Bank"
Would you rather have paper money or coins?
J: "Coins, as long as they add up to the same value as paper."
P: "Paper"
W: "Coins"
What do you like to do with your money?
J: "Save it, buy toys or put it in the bank."
P: "save it."
W: "Buy Wonderpets."
How much does a house cost?
J: "$378,000"
P: "$150"
W:"$6"
How much do you think Jeff Gordon's car costs?
J: "$52,000"
P: "$84"
W: "$36"
How much is a lot of money?
J: "$75-$150"
P: "$100"
W: "A Bank"
Would you rather have paper money or coins?
J: "Coins, as long as they add up to the same value as paper."
P: "Paper"
W: "Coins"
What do you like to do with your money?
J: "Save it, buy toys or put it in the bank."
P: "save it."
W: "Buy Wonderpets."
How much does a house cost?
J: "$378,000"
P: "$150"
W:"$6"
How much do you think Jeff Gordon's car costs?
J: "$52,000"
P: "$84"
W: "$36"

5 Comments:
Love it! God bless ya'.
This is priceless! ;-) LR
Everytime I find a coin on the ground I think of Paul. Gabe and I found a dime at Walmart last week and I asked him...."Do you know what I think about when I find money on the ground Gabe?"
He looked up at me and said Paul.
Louie
Awe...too sweet! Praying for you still...
Hugs!
Good morning Saxon family. I am asking for prayers for little Emily and her family. They too are walking the journey you guys have walked. Lift them up.... thanks!
http://www.caringbridge.org/fl/emilyadamson/
Post a Comment
<< Home