Friday, September 22, 2006

Thankful

As I drove away from Paul and Jack's school this morning where I had just dropped them off and watched them run in together, I realized how wonderful that was. I wondered how many other parents that were driving off had an awareness of the gift they had been granted to do such simple, mundane things with their kids. Probably only a few if any; until our worlds undergo a threat of some kind we are unable to really see it unselfishly and be sincerely thankful for the "little" things. There aren't many benefits to living the way we do with constant uncertainty, but this is one of them. As a family we are acutely aware of and thankful for the mundane, the routine, the present... and what otherwise may go ignored or perceived as an annoyance by others. So, thank you Lord for today's gifts, today's simple and mundane tasks, and help me become less self-centered; I know that tomorrow is in your hands.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! A THOUSAND TIMES OVER.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR SWEET FAMILY.
AUNT GURU

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree. Let's stop being so busy and realize our eternal gifts and the incredible blessings we have right in front of us. Thanks for reminding me!! May God richly bless your weekend and give you glimpses of His Glory! You are awesome!
The Hopes

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Thank you for "Thankful"

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an inspirational entry...and so very true. Thank you, Saxons, for your willingness to be so true, so honest and so real. When I first read what you had written, I felt so guilty for often doing just as you have described - taking the precious gifts we experience daily for granted. Then, I felt so thankful, for all the precious gifts I experienced just today. My prayers this evening focus on appreciation. And, they include appreciation for your family and the influence you all are having on so many lives as you trust in our Precious Savior.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home