Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"I'm hungry."

These are two words that we have not heard from Paul in a long time, but I heard them repeated a number of times in the background from Paul when I was on the phone with Leigh. I think that is a great sign that things are getting better. He has ordered up something from Fuddrucker's, his apparent latest craving, and it sounds like a delivery is in the works.

Paul has improved in the area of fever, chills, and GI stuff since yesterday. He is on an IV antibiotic that must be working. In order to get discharged he must have a negative blood culture, and that probably won't happen before Friday. At anyrate, it's great to see him getting better.

As I stated last night, we aren't going to do anymore chemo this week. The plan now is to get through next week and then take a look at doing another cycle. We continue to discuss a couple of clinical trial drugs that have minimal toxicities, and may be doing something on that soon. I know you are praying. (-:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lord, please we ask you . . . take Paul's cancer away."
Bryson (6 yrs. old)
We continue to lift you all before the throne - grace and peace to you.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home