Thursday, January 04, 2007

Art Sale in the Planning Stage

Paul and Leigh got home just in time for a pizza feast at a local place. All went well today in FW except that Paul was starving by the time they left around 3pm. Everything has been done in preparation for Paul's visit next week in VT for the next phase of treatment.

Among the many gifts the guys have received from you all are art supplies and drawing books. For about a year Paul and Jack have really been into drawing and tracing things. Here is an early advertisement. The guys have fomented a grand plan to sell their art in a front yard art stand in order to raise money for cancer research. Seriously. They thought this up after they heard about their buddy Molly Callison's success recently in her own front yard art sale. Anyhow, I'll keep you posted. The art is piling up (mostly drawings), and you may need to place an order if you have any special drawing requests. (-:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to come to the art sale.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even better, what about an art AUCTION? :) sign me up, even if I do have to pay for shipping! Janet

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there. Keep us posted!!!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to attend the art show and sale. Just let me know when it will be held.
My request would be a drawing or painting of a red bird. My grandmother always told me that red birds are a sign of God's love for us...the color of the blood that Jesus shed. When I see a red bird, I think of God's love for your family...so, I am putting in my order now.
(If a red bird is not a good subject for the artists, I would certainly be interested in other art work.)
Krys

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sign us up! We are kid art connoisseurs!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! I think you definitely need to do an online auction for those of us "out-of-towners!!" I know a lot of us would pay top dollar for one of these treasures!

3:41 PM  
Blogger yoursbecausehis said...

Can you scan the artwork either for online preview/bidding or just so you'll have a copy for yourselves? It could also make some pretty nifty stationery...

Let me know if you'd like to borrow our scanner!

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We would like a picture of Terrill driving a NASCAR car!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, I would like a picture of a clown. My son is an artist like you and always enjoyed drawing clowns and dressing up like them! He is a freshman at the Art Institute of Colo. in Denver and I would like to buy it for him.Good luck on your very cool project! Margie, a friend of your Grandmothers, from Joplin

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home