Monday, April 16, 2007

Speedfest Weekend

This weekend was all about racing. On Saturday, I took Paul and Jack to the Texas Motorplex to meet the driver and team of the Funny Car "Wild Child" - Kebin Kinsley. The weather didn't cooperate, but we still got to meet and hang out with Kebin. We were invited to attend because this team puts the name of a child with cancer on the car as a sort of "sponsorship" and to raise awareness about childhood cancer. Paul and Kebin placed a decal of Paul's name on the car together. I got some great photos that I will add soon.

The weather turned out to be ideal for a NASCAR race on Sunday. All five Saxons and three other friends made our way to Texas Motor Speedway to place our hopes on our favorite drivers. It was a fantastic day in every respect. We had once-in-a-lifetime seats, and Jeff Gordon, while he didn't win, gave us all a great thrill. I'll have some photos soon.

Paul update: Paul has pretty much returned to being himself. His appetite is coming back, and most of his meals are pretty small. But, the good news is that he says he is hungry. He has a clinic appt. today, and then hopefully we can have him in school some this week.

We know you are spending time in prayer for Paul. (-:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your life with me. I love you all and will continue to pray for you.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thrilled for the wonderful racing weekend and the wonderful staff and doctors that are working with you now. Our prayers continue.
jan and terry

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home