Slightly less crummy...
UPDATE (10pm): I have to relay a funny conversation that I had with Jack today as we were sitting around the house. He asked me, "Dad, what kind of car insurance should I get when I grow up? I'm trying to choose between Geico, Progressive, Allstate and State Farm." I couldn't hide my amusement at such a question, and he smiled too when he saw that it cracked me up. I said, "Yeah, that's an important decision, but you have a lot of time, and a lot more commercials to watch before you have to decide." A few minutes later Jack said, "I think I am going with Allstate; I mean, 'can I afford not to be in good hands?'" (-:
One last funny - a joke that Jack made up...what did the boy Bigfoot say when his Dad Bigfoot asked if he was ready? Not Yeti.
*****************************************
Paul might be doing a little better today. Leigh said that he awoke feeling better, watched some TV and even played some games on her computer. His night was a mixture of good and bad. He did not have stomach problems but did have pain other places and fever. His pain is being managed differently today; he is now on a methadone PCA pump which may have helped. One theory is that his pain/fever is being caused by disease in his bone marrow; if that is the case we need to be doing some kind of low dose/tox chemo so we are going to try and start him on VP-16 today. It's an oral drug and may not work for him if he gets to throwing up again. We are also discussing an "NG tube." This is a sort of feeding tube. It would help us give him his oral meds and different, better kinds of nutrition (compared to TPN). Anyhow, these are today's headlines. We know that so many prayers are going on our behalf and that gives us hope.
One last funny - a joke that Jack made up...what did the boy Bigfoot say when his Dad Bigfoot asked if he was ready? Not Yeti.
*****************************************
Paul might be doing a little better today. Leigh said that he awoke feeling better, watched some TV and even played some games on her computer. His night was a mixture of good and bad. He did not have stomach problems but did have pain other places and fever. His pain is being managed differently today; he is now on a methadone PCA pump which may have helped. One theory is that his pain/fever is being caused by disease in his bone marrow; if that is the case we need to be doing some kind of low dose/tox chemo so we are going to try and start him on VP-16 today. It's an oral drug and may not work for him if he gets to throwing up again. We are also discussing an "NG tube." This is a sort of feeding tube. It would help us give him his oral meds and different, better kinds of nutrition (compared to TPN). Anyhow, these are today's headlines. We know that so many prayers are going on our behalf and that gives us hope.

3 Comments:
Checking the site daily and more to know how to pray -- Dear Father, overwhelm the Saxon family with the knowledge of your presence. We ask you to please heal Paul and give wisdom and relief from pain until you do.
THAT IS AWESOME!! The power of commercials....makes you think!!
Praying hard!!
The update blesses my heart. I can see through this that your trust is completely in God, and you are able to recognize and enjoy the humor in life. It's great to laugh!
Praying continuously
Post a Comment
<< Home