Friday, May 09, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend, 2008

This photo of mom and Paul (2yo) was sent to us recently by a friend who took it; we had never seen it before.

From time to time I go to the blog pages from the past to see what we were doing "back then." I did that today, and ended up on July 13th, 2007, the day before Paul died. I found this excerpt below from my blog post that day. This will be Leigh's first Mother's Day without Paul. Maybe this reminder will help ease the inevitable pain that comes with the joy.

"...I have also noticed that he has really re-attached himself to his mother in these last few weeks. Some of you may not know this about Paul but from about 18mos. of age to just a few weeks ago, he was a big time 'daddy's boy.' He preferred I do everything for him. Now, the reverse is true. That is OK with me. God knows what he needs more than I. We enter this world with our mothers as a necessity, and perhaps we leave it the same way..."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing picture, Paul is so wonderful. I will be praying for Leigh this weekend. As a new mother myself, I ache when I think of what your family has endured this past year.

May God continue to give you comfort and peace until you see Paul again someday.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a treasured photo! I remember that verse written that day and I grasp and hold each and every word then and still do today.

Happy Mother's Day Leigh!

Paul, Jack, and Whit were blessed with a truly amazing mother and I learn and have learned so much from you.
thinking of you...
Lindsay

4:48 PM  
Blogger Wesley Null said...

Terrific picture, Saxons. We're still praying for you guys every day.

Happy Mother's Day, Leigh!

Wes and Dana

8:52 PM  
Blogger MLP said...

Wow, I remember that post so well. I love the picture ~ it's priceless. Very special prayers for you guys today and everyday.

Mindy

9:39 PM  
Blogger Michelle Bryan said...

That is the sweetest photo. Leigh, I hope you had a special Mother's Day. Love, Jason and Michelle

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Saxons are always on our minds and hearts!

We love you guys!

Hugs!!!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I read your blog from past or present, I weap. God Bless all of you, and especially to Leigh on her first mothers day without one of her babies.

Your strengh and faith is so inspiring. We pray for you all everyday!!!

Such a beautiful pic of mom and Paul!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home