Thursday, June 08, 2006

Rumors of the clinical trial?

If you haven't read my post from earlier today yet, read it first and then come back to this one...(and enjoy this cute picture of Whit and Paul in bed)



OK. So Leigh and I were about 2 hours into coping with the solidified plans to do the new therapy starting this coming Monday. I came home early to be here when Leigh and the boys returned from FW, and while I was waiting the phone rang. It was our doc, and I assumed he was calling to tell me about next week's appointments etc. But shockingly he informed me that there are strong rumors that the clinical trial will be reopened tomorrow. What this means is that the national study group will reopen and then study sites around the US will run the revised protocol through their own review boards for re-approval. This could happen as early as next Thursday. So, what does this mean for us? Good question. Back to uncertainty (but in a good way). It sounds like our doc is now leaning towards us not starting the new therapy on Monday. His concern about disease progression is low, and what Paul has is minimal. If the rumor is true and the trial is approved next week at Cook, Paul would begin that next Monday. That leaves 10 more of days of waiting. One main concern with this plan is pain management. I wouldn't say Paul is in constant pain, but his intervals of discomfort are getting longer and more frequent. We are excited and thankful about the timing of this. God continues to demonstrate his faithfulness as we place trust in Him. Pray for Paul to feel better and for good treatment decisions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrel, may God continue to be with you, Leigh and Paul. I pray that God will be with Paul that the pain subsides, and that the cause of the pain disappears. May God be with you two as you make decisions. I pray that you can enjoy each day with each other and continue to rest in Gods grace. Thank you for sharing your struggles and for your great example and testimony of how to live like a true christian, of how you place your faith in our Savior. Thank you and Leigh and may God Bless and hold you close in His love.
Aunt Guru
PS Please tell Dudley and Laura I so miss hearing from them and pray that they too are doing well and God will be with them.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey....I hear y'all are down enjoying the Hale Ranch this weekend. Can't believe it's time again already!! Hope all is well amidst the mosquitoes, snakes, and Jr's mother's tamales;much fun is being had as usual, I am sure. Truly....The new blog spot is KEWL!!! Props to Uncle Dud for setting you guys up. Thanks for taking the time to keep us up to date. It means so much to see the pics of the boys together...the ability to look into Paul's eyes from Portland has huge effect on both me and my kids as we watch God's plan unfold. Love you all, and praying for peace through this incredible uncertainty. Miss you Tofu....Allison

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home