Six Flags, Jeff Gordon & A New Plan

Leigh had been trying to plan the annual Six Flags day with my sister and her kids, and it finally came about yesterday. We weren't sure if Paul would be up for it, but I think not even cancer can keep a kid from going all out at Six Flags. They had a wonderful time and stayed all day. Leigh, Jack and Paul stayed the night with the Callisons in order to be there for the Monday Cook visit. Whit and I are getting in some good father-son time here, and our day and evening included watching Jeff Gordon take another win and a trip to KiddieLand for some train rides and Putt-Putt.
The treatment plan changed yesterday. The second opinion from Sloan-Kettering came in, and Paul could go there for the 3F8 antibody down the road IF we can get his tumor under control. In light of that, two new options at Cook were put before us. The one we chose is an inpatient concoction of chemo drugs that P has never had, but their dosages are higher. This will yield more toxicity, but the payoff could be greater than on the other drugs we were considering. Leigh and I are of one mind that if we are going to try to get Paul to a minimal disease level again then we should go at it aggressively. Paul will be admitted today, and we'll get started.
I know so many of you are praying for us as we make decisions, and you are praying for Paul. God is no doubt carrying us through this time, and we continue to glorify His name and entrust all things to Him.

6 Comments:
I have to admit, based on your influence, I am beginnnig to be draw to the dark side! I am taking Andrew and Austin to the races next Saturay; a small local track that will have sprint cars. Should be fun.
We believe with all our hearts that God is indeed guiding you in your decisions. He has told us that He gives wisdom generously to all who ask. And I know that there are many who are asking on your behalf!
bobby
Just a quick note to let you know that we continue to pray for Paul and for all 5 of you daily!
Your faith, as you go through this hell on earth, continues to be an inspiration. There is no helplessness like not being able to fix something wrong when it involves your child. My prayers for you always!
Linda Kennington
We'll be praying for Paul's comfort and for good results as you proceed with the new treatment.
Dear Leigh and Terrell,
You don't know us. We are friends of Matt and Christy Robbins. We are in a Bible study group with them. Christy emailed us and told of your situation concerning your son, Paul. Our hearts are touched. We have four grown sons and three grandchildren. We want you to know that we are praying for Paul. We are asking God to heal him quickly in the Name of Jesus. God is good and there is nothing that is impossible for Him. May God give you strength, peace, and confidence as you trust Him completely.
Blessings,
Clarke and Jill Watkins
You don't know me either (another friend of a friend), but I'm praying here in Fort Worth!
Your faith is inspiring, and our God is awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home