Monday, October 02, 2006

3F8 Day 1

We hopped in the car and drove to East TX this weekend for a short visit with my folks. The guys had a good time with their cousins and spending time with Nana and Grandpa. Then, it was back to Waco Saturday night to scramble around and get ready for the NYC trip. Leigh and Paul were out the door at sunrise on Sunday to catch a mid-AM flight out of DFW. The trip went well, and we all talked last night using our new computer camera set-up. I guess we actually had a family "video conference," which marks a first in the Saxon family. Twelve days is a long time to go without all of us seeing each other; now, however, at least we'll be able to talk and see each other.

Some of you have asked for the mail address of the Ronald so here goes: Paul Saxon, The Ronald McDonald House, 405 East 73rd Street, New York, N.Y. 10021. I'm sure they'll enjoy getting mail so go for it!

As of this morning, Leigh and Paul were in their "day room" getting ready to start the potentially long and uncertain day of 3F8 treatment. We really don't have too many expectations except that I guess we are preparing for the worst, i.e., a lot of pain. We'll just have to see, but I guess it's important to remember that the first day is probably not the best guage of how the whole thing will go. Please pray against major pain, and for God's hand to provide comfort and an easy way of it. I'll keep you posted. (-:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home