I'm Calling it a Miracle!
Below is the blog post I started writing yesterday but just ran out of time and energy to finish it off. You know by my brief post yesterday that there are no obvious, menacing signs showing up on the head CT or bonescan. It's really just unbelievable, and I find myself doubting that it's true off and on. As for Paul, the lump on his head is pretty much gone as of today; he had another painful night with his abdominal cramps, etc. However, we are giving him plenty of Miralax, and that seems to have helped him a lot today. Leigh, the boys and some friends made a trip to the zoo today to celebrate Paul feeling better. Keep on praying for BIG things. God is listening.
*********************************
This morning as Paul and I left Waco around 5:30am, Paul was looking up at the starry sky, and said, "Look at all those stars! God made them, and He knows all of them." I smiled and said, "Yes, He does, and the same God that made all those billions of stars made me and you and knows our names too!" It was a humbling and encouraging way to start a potentially tough day. Paul slept all the way up. I had already noted the lump was smaller than yesterday but still unsure of how to interpret my observation. The head CT went fairly well, then we had a clinic appt. followed by the bonescan. During our clinic appt. our doc gave Paul a good checkup and inspected the lump. He commented that the lump didn't look like much, and since it didn't have some bothersome characteristics (e.g., growing, painful, bulging, etc.) he wasn't inclined to do anything right away even it turned out to be a tumor mass. Paul has also had some pretty significant abdominal cramping the last few days. It seems like this could be constipation brought about by the Dilaudid (he's gone twice since then!). So, we were set to get going for the bonescan when our doc popped in again to say, "the CT is officially read as negative for tumor." I just looked at him incredulously. I asked a few more questions, e.g., "what the heck is it?," and "are you sure?," and then we were on our way for the bonescan. It went well too, and I suspect we'll hear that there is still some areas of disease from before. And, there may be a shadow up where the lump is, but the bottom line is that whatever is there is going away and did not appear on the CT. There are no explanations other than this: We prayed, and God answered in a powerful way. Now, I know we aren't out of the woods, but I am convinced that God has demonstrated His faithfulness to us today. Let's praise Him today and let tomorrow worry about itself. God has done great things.
*********************************
This morning as Paul and I left Waco around 5:30am, Paul was looking up at the starry sky, and said, "Look at all those stars! God made them, and He knows all of them." I smiled and said, "Yes, He does, and the same God that made all those billions of stars made me and you and knows our names too!" It was a humbling and encouraging way to start a potentially tough day. Paul slept all the way up. I had already noted the lump was smaller than yesterday but still unsure of how to interpret my observation. The head CT went fairly well, then we had a clinic appt. followed by the bonescan. During our clinic appt. our doc gave Paul a good checkup and inspected the lump. He commented that the lump didn't look like much, and since it didn't have some bothersome characteristics (e.g., growing, painful, bulging, etc.) he wasn't inclined to do anything right away even it turned out to be a tumor mass. Paul has also had some pretty significant abdominal cramping the last few days. It seems like this could be constipation brought about by the Dilaudid (he's gone twice since then!). So, we were set to get going for the bonescan when our doc popped in again to say, "the CT is officially read as negative for tumor." I just looked at him incredulously. I asked a few more questions, e.g., "what the heck is it?," and "are you sure?," and then we were on our way for the bonescan. It went well too, and I suspect we'll hear that there is still some areas of disease from before. And, there may be a shadow up where the lump is, but the bottom line is that whatever is there is going away and did not appear on the CT. There are no explanations other than this: We prayed, and God answered in a powerful way. Now, I know we aren't out of the woods, but I am convinced that God has demonstrated His faithfulness to us today. Let's praise Him today and let tomorrow worry about itself. God has done great things.

4 Comments:
Thank you God for listening to our prayers and granting what is truly a miracle that only you can do. To God be all Glory and Thanks!!!
Amen and amen!!
Thank you, God, for this miracle. And thank you, Saxons, for sharing this one with us!
Praise the Lord!! Miracles like this can only come from Him. God Bless you Saxons!! Enjoy this moment.....we know you will.
Post a Comment
<< Home