Gold
I have always said that once I knew that the treatment we were doing wasn't giving Paul enough quality days to make it worth whatever suffering it caused, I would stop doing the treatment. I believe that we barely broke even on the Velcade-Dox combo that we did a month or so ago. Since then, however, it's been hard for Paul. While there may remain a few drugs (all very experimental) to try none hold much promise that it would give him some good days to go with the many trips to FW it would require (transfusions, labs, etc.). Those trips to FW have become painful, arduous days for him. So, we have decided to not put him through anymore drugs. I've alluded to this several times on recent posts, but I thought I would simply state that this is what we are doing since some of you have asked about treatment. I've said many times that I believed God, not medicine, was going to save Paul. That has not changed, and I hope you will continue to pray to Him for healing. We will enjoy the days, weeks, months, or however long we have with Paul. We will cherish each moment as if it were gold.

29 Comments:
You guys have inspired all of us blog readers in countless ways over the past four years. One of those blessings is that I try to count each day with my kids as "gold", as well. You guys have inspired me to not take for granted how much time we'll have here, and to enjoy each day as the blessing that it is. We will continue to pray that Paul's remaining time on earth, whether days, weeks, months or years, will be pain-free and full of joy and peace. Love from the Fricks in GA
Praying for truly wonderful days ahead.
This is the hard part, guys. I went through similar days with my parents, but it can't compare to your child.
Your family has been a wonderful example of trust and faith in our Lord, and you lift us up as much or more than we could ever lift you up.
My daughter is grown and our times together are few and far between; you have reminded me to take time to be with her and cherish her, for none of us know when God will call us home.
I pray for strength,courage and peace for you all. Enjoy your time with your children.
The Saxon family has fought the good fight for a very, very long time. Your faith in God and his wisdom is an example for all of us to follow.
I'm praying for God's healing for Paul and strength for the rest of your family as you continue on your journey. Know that countless people are praying fervently for your family and your precious children.
May God continue to bless you with the gift of quality time with Paul. None of us is guaranteed a tomorrow but my prayer is that you will have many, many more with your little one and that those tomorrows are joyful and pain free.
God Bless and Keep all of you.
Yo,
I know this was one of the toughest decisions in a 4.5 year history of challenging decisions. You guys have always found the silver lining in every dark cloud, and the appropriately titled "Gold" is another wonderful example of this approach to life. My thoughts are with you and the family. Hey to Paul.
Yo
PS: Did you say "gold" or "cold?"
How hard for you to make each decision in fervent prayer and hope earnestly for the best. How tremendous for you to know that the greatest Father of all holds Paul firmly in His grasp and cares for him more than any person could ever. We pray for peace, strength and divine moments of joy....as well as complete and total healing here and now. For all of you to cherish and live each day to the fullest in His honor and glory to testify to His eternal greatness. You are precious and dearly loved.
"When they walk through the Valley of Weeping it will become a place of refreshing springs where pools of blessing collect after the rains." (Ps 84:6)
"A single day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere!" (v10)
Trusting in these words for you and for us.
Love,
Marlo
hey paul, your tough boy and we will praying for you we will have to go to the park one day when you are feeling ok then eat some sonic
we are praying for a miracle
Devin Fair
Your unshakeable faith has inspired so many of us out here. I hope in some way that brings you comfort.
Our prayers for you and for Paul are never ending, as God's love is for you. May He comfort all of you now more than ever.
I really can't put my thoughts or feelings into words, but will try. As many people have said, your unshakable faith in God's goodness and greatness has been an inspiration to us all. If God chooses to heal Paul's physical body, praise Him. If not, praise Him, anyway.
We will all continue to lift you and Paul up to the Lord daily, for peace, strength and freedom from pain. God bless you all.
JD-FBC-JLN
Saxons:
I can only repeat what others have said. Your family is a true inspiration. Perhaps this is hard to imagine or realize, but you are witnessing to many, many people every day. We continue to pray for Paul and admire your strength each and every day. May God be in your home every minute of the day.
I ask that God will lead you in each decision that you make. I pray for a great week ahead and that Paul will have many good days to enjoy!
D. Lightfoot
Tonight I will pray for healing, peace, and comfort. I pray somehow that we, as your brothers and sisters in Christ, may take some of the burden on ourselves, although I don't understand how this works, I just want to help so badly.
Your neighbors are praying constantly. We love you guys.
Time with Paul is greater than gold and irreplaceable. May God grant you great moments and lots of hope. I'm praying for many new mornings to see God's mercy.
With love,
Karen
The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face to shine upon you and give you peace both now and forevermore....oh, if we just had the words to describe what our hearts feel for you guys! You are so loved and are constantly being lifted up to our Heavenly Father.
We are constantly praying for Paul and the entire family. You are an inspiration to us all.
My eyes flood with tears as I read "Gold." My heart aches for you and all I know to do is ask God to bring peace like a river and much comfort to Paul's body. I know you all are tired and weary so I also pray for new strength daily. He will do it.
"Almighty, Infinite Father, faithfully loving Your own, who would have thought that a Lamb could rescue the souls of men, oh You rescue the souls of men. You are the One that we praise. You are the One we adore. You give us healing and grace our hearts always hunger for, oh our hearts always hunger for."
We love you and are with you even though thousands of miles apart.
For 4 years God has held you and carried you through valleys where horrible decisions about treatment for Paul had to be made. Decisions that no parent should have to face. He does not abandon you now with this decision, but continues to hold you and envelope you in His love. When you accepted His call to be His servant, God promised you saying, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." As parents, you and Leigh have been faithful servants of our Lord. Let God's strength carry you these next miles as you enjoy many golden moments with your precious son. As always I pray for God's healing touch on Paul.
-PW
Words ring hollow, but you must know that those of us out here who have been praying are lifting you up and will keep lifting you up in prayers. I'm asking God to hold you in His arms and let you experience His presence again and again. May God's healing power touch Paul directly and may that touch reach over all of you. Oh that we could take some of your pain. I thank God for who you are in His kingdom.
Saxon Family,
We want you to know that you and Paul are in our thoughts and prayers during this time in your lives. We have been following Paul's story for a while now, and we are so happy to know that Jeff and racing can put a smile on Paul's face every once in a while. We wish you the best in the future.
The Jeff Gordon Foundation
Amen to all that has been expressed above.
We are praying, oh, so fervently!
Yours because His
You have inspired me, and someday I hope to own your book. The book you compile all your postings in...because it will be read around the world over. Thank you for being courageous, and for being the mother Paul needs. God is blessing you and has His arms round about each of you. Much love and respect.
Lindsay's friend,
Jan Vinzant/Waco
We love you, Paul!
We are praying for you and your family... you all are a blessing to so many!
Love,
Your Sunday School Friends
We continue to trust God on your behalf. We pray for joy, strength and peace...
praying that your family would have peace during these storms and that your unwavering faith would point others to the one who heals all! thanks again for your testimony!!
I once head Joel O'Steen's sister say "To be a candidate for a miracle, you have to be in crisis." I'm not sure if crisis is the right word here but I'm definately counting on the miracle part and know you are too. So many love Paul and the Saxons so much and we share in your burden. My love and prayers continually go out to all of you. And thank you again for your inspirational witness. You have done much good for many.
just know that we are still praying and thinking of yall and Garett asked me how Paul was doing. Garett didnt want to go to camp this year. He is trying to race as much as he can. but all the rain. We are praying for you Paul and Garett came in third this weekend in Dallas race. Hes trying to win first for Paul. Love, Tammy & Garett
The first day I met your family in a little hospital room, the love of Christ was radiating from you. I was amazed at how you continued to seek Him day after day to give you the strength you needed--and how you continue to do the same. Thank you for showing me how not to take things for granted, but to count each and every moment as "Gold".
Praying for God's Perfect Will-
Kendra Alexander
Post a Comment
<< Home