Friday, July 20, 2007

"Paul Day" #1

Yesterday, myself, Leigh, Jack Whit and a few of our friends went to Six Flags. I knew it would be difficult since Paul loved that place so much. We rode just about every roller coaster in the park. He would have greatly approved. There were indeed some hard moments as I saw kids Paul's age. We all miss him so much. One of the kids with us said, "This has been such a 'Paul Day!'" What he meant by this statement is that so many things were classic Paul things: We watched Nacho Libre on the way up, heard "We will rock you" at the park, collected a ton of coins off the ground, and rode his favorite roller coasters. It was indeed a wonderful Paul Day. (-:

We remaining Saxons are keeping our chins up because of your continued prayers, kind cards, letters, emails, gifts, flowers/plants, phone calls and tangible support. There is just no way to do this alone, and I am NOT worried about that happening. If you are still wondering what you can do...two ideas: Give a donation to Giselle's research in VT (see Dudley's "Support Blog" information), and/or write something for the "Ministry Journal" (see post below). I can't wait to get my hands on those.

Finally, I have now posted what Leigh and I read at Paul's funeral (top right links). We are also beginning to work toward creating a book out of the The Saxon Report. Don't worry, we are still a ways from "The End."

10 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

What a great way to celebrate Paul. I plan to purchase a copy of Nacho Libre and some of his other favorites for our home video collection. And I wonder how many other blog readers are finding pennies on the ground at every turn. :) Thanks for sharing how you're doing. Lots of love from the Fricks

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to read your comment that you are going to be working on a book from your experiences of Paul's illness. I had prayed that would happen, and now I will pray more fervently for you as you go about this. Your trip to Six Flags was another example of you putting your lives in the Lord's hands. Life does go on, and you have 2 precious sons to live life with. What a wonderful thing to call it a Paul Day. You will always be remembering things he did and liked to do, and these memories will carry you through.
Love ya, Sharon from Joplin

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought "Nacho Libre". Can't wait to watch it.
This one's for you Paul. 8-)

6:40 PM  
Blogger KLee said...

You guys continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting everyone know how you guys are holding up.
Check out http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
Looks like a great way to put your stories in book form!
Kendra

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A Paul Day" is a wonderful way of summing up the bitter-sweet things. Not sure how to say this, but maybe you'll know what I mean--I am amazed at how much fun Paul packed into 6 1/2 years. I mean for a little guy with such a big battle, he sure seemed to have a knack for doing what he had to do and getting it over with so he could do what he wanted to do. That's maybe part of why you have so many sweet times to remember. I could learn some lessons about prioritizing from Paul!

I'm also really glad to hear that you're going to make a book of what the Lord's taught you through this time. You have addressed some really tough issues that many are afraid to tackle honestly, and you've done it with raw honesty and great faith. I am still processing so much of what you've modeled through these years. Thank you. Still praying...

Yours because His

10:37 PM  
Blogger mom2iande said...

That is great you did that...and got to have "Paul moments". I love the idea of the comment about the site for making a blog book. I also love the stories of the boys and the coins at the hospital and wherever they were!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to Six Flags Friday (the day after you went) and I thought about you guys several times, wondering when you would all visit again and imagining how hard it would be. I had no idea you'd just been. While we were standing in line for "Judge Roy Scream" I told the girls that we were riding in honor of Paul because it was his favorite. It just about rattled my fillings out, but I guess when you're a 6-year-old boy, things like extreme vibration and jerkiness don't matter! I'm really glad to hear you're putting a book together. We've always thought you should. It will bless and benefit many--you guys included.

Laura

11:02 AM  
Blogger Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Dear Saxons...You don't know me but I am a member of FBW and have several friends that are friends of yours. I just wanted to offer my continued prayers as your family marches on day by day. Paul's life testimony and your testimony to 'walk in faith' and trust our sovereign Lord is inspiring. May God give you strength as you need it. HE is big in you...thank you for showing us all what it looks like to love our God and 'faith Him'...no matter what. love, ejw

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good trip to Six Flags. Your faithfulness and ability to remain positive is truly an example to all. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates you continuing to update us on your family. Reading the Saxon Report is as much a part of my day as eating and sleeping!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your words from Paul's celebration - may the Lord continue to bless and comfort your family!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home