Sunday, July 15, 2007

Laughing and crying

I'm (Terrill) butting in here with a post, but the bottom three posts are very important so be sure to take a look at those too. I felt like I needed to let you all know how we are doing since I know you are praying for us as hard as ever. All four of us have cried our tears dry over the last 24 hours. But...we have also laughed, held each other, retold Paul stories, and loved each other in ways hard to describe. God has truly camped out in our home. Our emotions, and I mean all four of us, are highly unpredictable and unstable. Just about anything can set us off on a crying binge. We simply miss Paul. His smile, his whole face, his voice, his smell, his soft hands...him. What we don't miss is his pain and suffering. To celebrate the end of his misery we purged the house of all medical equipment and supplies. Leigh and I took great pleasure by dumping all his pills and meds down the disposal one at a time banishing it all to the sewers where it will probably kill a few rats (or make them really loopy). Today, we all four went to church to begin our healing process with our friends and neighbors there. God blessed us in a way that I could not have predicted. The rest of the day was spent watching the NASCAR race in Paul's honor with some dear friends and others who dropped by to chat. We could all hear Paul's smart alecky remarks in our heads as Tony Stewart (a driver that he likes because he knows we don't) took the checkered flag.

I'm sure that each day will hold hard moments for us all; but I am convinced after today that God will reveal and send a level of grace and mercy on us that we will be hardpressed to explain.

See you all on Tuesday for the Big Party. Wear your happy clothes, and be ready to laugh and cry simultaneously. (-:

P.S. The post by Dudley below about the "ministry journal" is very important to us, so please take a look.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I am trying so hard to see what I am typing here thru my own tears! You guys will never ever know just how much your sweet little Paulie touched so many lives across this earth. Your strength never ceases to amaze me. As always, we love you dearly and pray for you all constantly. We weep with you and laugh too.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, fervently praying for healing - - but now, healing in your hearts as you grieve. What a blessing to have your sadness pierced by brilliant hope, joy, and happy memories of Paul. These are comforts straight from Him. We love you all and are sending hugs from long distances. Thank you for letting us know how y'all are doing, as we are holding you in our hearts.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly remarkable.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear your status update. It's not surprising to hear you give these details; your lives all reflect the power of God through everything. What a witness you are to the strength of our Lord. Prayers and love for all of you, on and on and on.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the angels waved the biggest checkered flag ever when Paul arrived in Heaven! Our prayers continue on for all of you. Much love, Mindy & Troy

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrill, thank you so much for your words to let us know how you all are coping. I am amazed that you could even think of posting a note for all of us out here....at a time when you and your family should be thinking of no one but yourselves, Paul and of course our Father, you take time to think of us out here. Again, as so many have said before me, you and Leigh are truly two of the most wonderful people I have had the privelege of knowing. Through your son, you have brought so much light to so many people. I am so thankful for Paul, and for all four of you, and we are here praying for you at our kitchen table this morning, lifting you all up, crying with you, laughing with you. See you Tuesday for the greatest celebration we can imagine.

6:20 AM  
Blogger abby said...

We're so glad our great God is sustaining you during these days and giving you joy and laughter even in the midst of sorrow. We're continuously lifting you before Him. See you soon!

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weeping with you over the loss of your sweet son; blessed by your strength and faith in this difficult time.

Sending hope and peace,
Adam & Brooke Moore

7:28 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Praying for you like never before.
I'm glad Paul is no longer in pain but he will be greatly missed.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though the suffering is now over, I am compulsively drawn to this website. There is so much love and comfort and the presence of God. I just cannot stay away. We are drawing strength from your family, and wishing there was something we could do for you. We continue to lift you up in prayer.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Terrill and Leigh,

I am happy for Paul but sad for you, Jack, and Whit. I can't imagine what that kind of loss is like, but I know it must hurt badly.

Just reading through your blogs, I'm amazed and inspired by your hard-core steadfastness and faith. God IS good. His purpose and plan are sometimes beyond our scope of understanding, but we CAN trust in Him, and it is obvious that you do! What a testimony Paul has left for all of us to marvel at! I have no doubt he has touched more lives during his six short years than most have touched in a lifetime. Thank you SO much for sharing him through this blog!

I really do need to watch Nacho Libre sometime. If Paul quoted from it, then I KNOW it's got to be good! :-)

Blessings to you guys; you are awesome!

Your friend, Katy

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This past year has left a mark on me that will last the rest of my life. Thanks for being such an incredible witness. My heart hurts for your loss, but I know that Paul is experiencing joy unspeakable.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying hard for you. When we told Bennett he said" Mommy he gets to be with Jesus! He gets to praise God!" His instantaneous response suprised us. Just wanted you to know we built some Legos in his honor. Thank you so much for your vulnerability through the blog. Wow! It has been amazing.
Glanzers

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for you loss-but amazed at how God has blessed your life, and how Paul is no longer in pain.
God rest his soul.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this might be untimely....I was just listening to some Chris Rice music...when i heard the song Breakfast Table and thought of you guys. When you feel up to it, check it out. Music is such a beautiful way of expressing emotion. And this one is a great love song. We love you guys and keep your hearts in our prayers. ~the hopes

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never met Paul, but have followed his struggle on the blog for over a year. What an inspiring little boy. Your hearts must be so proud. I rejoice that Paul is no longer suffering and he is at home with our Savior. I pray the Lord's blessings on your family now and always.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home