Some observations & another Bible verse
Paul taking down some pins a month or so ago.Paul's last few days have been mostly marked by lethargy. His alert times are fewer and fewer. This is primarily a result of anemia (low red count). With fewer reds comes less oxygenated blood. Less of that leads to a higher heart rate which then leads to a more tired body. He does awaken and request water, but besides that he is content to relax, sleep and have one of us nearby. His little personality does still peek out from time to time where he'll say he loves us or he'll quote a line from Nacho Libre (of all things!). I have also noticed that he has really re-attached himself to his mother in these last few weeks. Some of you may not know this about Paul but from about 18mos. of age to just a few weeks ago, he was a big time "daddy's boy." He preferred I do everything for him. Now, the reverse is true. That is OK with me. God knows what he needs more than I. We enter this world with our mothers as a necessity, and perhaps we leave it the same way. At anyrate, he is sleeping very well at night, still breathing deep breaths, and not dealing with any pain. He seems to be in another womb of sorts and is preparing to be born into another world. A final observation...his mouth doesn't seem to be bothering him as much. Also, the tumor around his forehead is going away. I don't know if this is the tumor dying from lack of blood supply or some miraculous answer to prayer. Let's never forget that God is in control of Paul's life. Keep your prayers rolling forward.
1 Peter 5: 10 - And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

23 Comments:
I found my way here from Kat's blog. I don't know what God has in store for your family, but I am praying for healing and for peace.
I am praying for a miracle and healing everyday. God has blessed us with so many things. Your strength gives me strength.
My heart is with you. I wish I could be there to wrap my arms around you'all. You will be in my constant prayer. Paul has touched so many and is so very special.
Praying constantly for each of you. With much love and blessings...
Praying here in Fort Worth...
We will rent "Nacho Libre" this weekend in Paul's honor, and if possible, will pray while we watch it. Or maybe after. :) love you guys, keeping watch with you, Janet et al.
I am thankful that God has given Paul pain free days, "simple things" and time with family. The Lord is in control.
Praying for you all!
D. Lightfoot
We want you to know that we are constantly praying for Paul and the Saxon family. If I remember correctly one of Leigh’s prayers for Paul was that the Lord would use Paul for his glory all the days of his life. Paul is impacting so many lives all over the world. Thank you Paul, for rekindling the passion for Jesus Christ in our lives.
I am praying for complete healing, preferably in THIS world, but trusting that God is still compassionate and faithful regardless of where Paul's healing is accomplished.
Your prayer army is still hard at work!! We love you!!
What a sweet and funny spirit your little Paul has. I have loved looking at your posted pictures from the months past - - doing the things he loves to do. Always praying for healing, peace and comfort. You are in my heart and soul, and I know that our God is holding Paul closely right now. May you feel His undoubtable presence.
Hey guys.......It's Allison in Portland. Thank you so much for the continued updates here at your website. You have no idea how it helps to know how to specifically pray for your hearts at this time. Please know you all are loved. You guys are amazing in your ability to articulate how God is shaping your lives (and ours) through the pain. Thank you for being an example to us all.
Allison Gilbert (AL)
My family and I are continuously praying for you and yours.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Praying for your precious family. You are loved by so many and we know God is seeing you through this time. Our hearts are with you! The Reeds
I continue to be with you in prayer. All my love goes to you all.
I am not surprised about the tumor as that is the very thing that we prayed for on Wed. night! Praise the Lord...may He receive the glory. We will not cease from praying for Paul's healing and the Lord's grace on each of you.
Praying for you now.
Our family is in prayer for you at this very moment...and we will continue our prayers.
Found you via Kat's blog also. Praying for Paul and for your family.
Loving you all and praying for precious time with your baby.
I was listening to KSBJ here in Houston and Chris Tomlin's "Forever" came on. I thought of you guys. "From the rising to the setting sun - His Love Endures Forever. By the grace of God we will carry on - His Love Endures Forever." "Forever God is Faithful. Forever God is Strong. Forever God is with us. Forever!"
We had a prayer service last night at our church and we prayed for your family and God's will. Of course we prayed for healing for Paul but we also prayed that Jack and Whit would be touched by God's hand and would be a ministry to others as well.
God Bless - John, Julie, Justin, Jace and Jordan Andrews
OK Friends....I cannot get you or Paul off my mind tonight...I cannot begin to imagine the incredible emotions that must be pulsing through you tonight. I DO know that we serve an AWESOME, POWERFUL, and MERCIFUL GOD, and I KNOW that He is working all things together for His good and His glory, in His very perfect timing. My heart hurts for you...Thank you for allowing us to partner with you on this precious life journey--you are an amazing family!
Lisa and family
Mark and I are praying for you and your precious family. Thanks for the updates, it let's us know how to pray specifically for all of you. We love you.
Robin Terzian McCullough
Post a Comment
<< Home