Blessed
All I can say about Paul's funeral service earlier today is that I was blessed. I had that impossible-to-describe sensation of being really sad and really joyful at the same time. I still do. Paul's life was celebrated as was God's sovereinty over disease over despair and even death. Keep praying for us as we start a new life without Paul. We have some big hills to climb, and we cannot do it alone. We know you're with us (and I promise to keep blogging for the foreseeable future). (-:

11 Comments:
My heart and mind and prayers have been with you all day...will remain with you all day. Standing with you (from across the country)...
The presence of God was very evident at Paul's service today. What a perfect way to worship Him and celebrate the life of a special little boy. May God hold you all extra close in the days to come.
Terrell, I enjoyed visiting with your Mom so much today! It was nice to talk with someone who knew about Noonday and Big Eddy!!
Always in my prayers,
Donna Lightfoot
Prayers have been coming your way all day today - thank you for taking time out of a busy and emotional day to post for those of us who have been checking your site to get an update!
Somewhere I heard that true worship is "worth-ship"--where we testify that following Him is worth more than anything. That's easy when life is going the way we like it. It becomes a "sacrifice of praise" when we express it even through our tears. I have no easy answers, but I can tell you that today at Paul's celebration, I experienced true worship. Never doubt that your testimony has touched many, many lives as surely as it has touched mine.
Yours because His
Leigh and Terrill,
What a beautiful service! God was certainly glorified through your words and the music you selected--and Paul was honored through your tender, heartfelt words. We were blessed to hear you both speak (with Jack's help)about Paul and your journey these past 4 1/2 years. Leigh's thoughts on Psalm 23 and how it has specifically applied to her walk these past few years was just more evidence that she is a woman after God's heart. It's obvious God has been speaking to you and you've been LISTENING! Thank you for sharing with the rest of us. You talk about how blessed you have felt to have received all the support you've gotten during Paul's illness. But the truth is, you guys have blessed us so much more than we could have blessed you. It's a privilege to pray for you and we'll keep praying as you begin the healing process and move forward. I know that you treasure your family now more than ever. May you have lots of sweet times together filled with love and laughter.
Laura
We continue to keep you in our prayers.... in someway...hoping we can help you climb mountains...
The Podeszwa Family
We have not met your beautiful family but have been praying for you for many months now. Our prayers now will be for the peace of God to fill your hearts, and for you to experience a healthy grieving process. We love you and feel honored to pray for you. You have truly touched our lives.
This scripture reminded me so much of what I have read on your website...I hope these words comfort and uplift you.
"I have set the Lord always before me, because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Ps. 16:8
Praying for physical strength and emotional comfort for your family.
Checking the Saxon site has been part of our lives for a long time. We are glad to know that you will continue to let us know how you are doing. We will continue to have you in our prayers.
I am thankful to have read some of the posts of those who attended the celebration of Paul's life and wish we could have been there. We were praying for you throughout the day and will continue lifting up your precious family in the days to come. Love, The Terrell Family
What a blessing you have all been in my life. Thank you for sharing your journey with me. The Saxon's have modeled real faith for so many of us and we are all edified by your example. The service was wonderful. I will continue to pray for you all. I love you all very much.
And how about that Jack! Our future is in great shape with children like Jack coming. He is an awesome little man.
Post a Comment
<< Home