Monday, July 23, 2007

Paul's grave

McClanahan Church and Cemetery


The archway




Paul's temporary grave marker






Some of you have asked about Paul's grave location. The pictures above were taken at the McClanahan Church and Cemetery. This is where we buried Paul in a private ceremony. This cemetery has a long Saxon family tradition. It's located on the eastern border of the old Saxon farm that belonged to my grandparents and where my Dad spent his childhood. The church served as a place of worship for the Saxons as well as a school. I don't know all the Saxons buried in this cemetery, but we placed Paul between my grandmother and my great, great uncle (buried in 1908). The cemetery is located near the town of Marlin, TX, and I would be happy to give directions at some point here if you are interested in going out there. It's about 30 mins from Waco.


Today held its hard moments as does each day. After dinner I took the guys for a round of putt-putt. Since Paul loved that place so much it's hard to be there, and I thought of him constantly. These were happy thoughts for the most part, but between each one is the reality that Paul will never play there with us again. I know it's sad, but that's just where we are right now. He, however, is in the presence of his Lord...and that does make my heart skip with joy. We know you are praying. (-:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spot, and what lovely history. There is just no way around the sadness that goes with missing your Paul, but I know your hearts rejoice to think of him in Heaven. Thank you for these posts and letting all of us out here know how your hearts are doing. We continue to lift you all up.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing our prayers for you guys every single day. With hope & love...The Pierces

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cemetery is so beautiful and serene. I know Paul is in heaven, but I bet he loves the spot. I am praying for you and I am anxious to see the funeral video as I wasn't able to attend the funeral. I am praying that the pain eases as the days go on.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and peaceful location. Thank you for sharing this special history.
Continuing to keep you all in my prayers.

D. Lightfoot

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not ceasing to pray for your precious family -- thank you for teaching us so much -- you are loved -- david, kendra & kids

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That "never again in this world" feeling is such a sad one. The glimmer of hope that we will see them again seems like a speck on a distant horizon. But each day brings us closer, and so we grieve "with hope".

Praying for you now as much as ever.

Yours because His

9:41 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

A beautiful place for a beautiful boy! Thank you for sharing that with us. It means a lot.
Continually lifting your family up!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. What a beautiful, peaceful site. Still praying for your family as always.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrill,
We all think you are doing AMAZING. The ability even to get out and play putt-putt after all that has happened is amazing. Don't apologize for being sad. It lets us know how to pray, and that you are normal! We love you and are praying for you moment by moment and will continue.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you are taking Whit and Jack out to do things they enjoy and help them talk about and remember good times with Paul...it is so sad to me when someone passes away and then are not spoken of again! Thank you for keeping Paul's spirit alive - your boys will be healthier for the rest of their lives because you are doing the "hard" things now!

We are praying for you all!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home