Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back to work


Always the competitor at Lion's park (early June, 2007)


I have not posted in a few days because I didn't want the post below to sink too quickly out of sight. It is important to us that you all continue to pray for us. We are doing pretty good; we're distracted with getting back to work and school and trying to figure out what we used to do before cancer treatment dictated our lives. However, we are not too distracted to pause frequently and simply miss Paul. I miss him so badly at times that for a moment I maintain that he can't possibly be gone. It doesn't seem real. But...it is, and God has given us His strength to lift our heads in our times of great sadness and weakness. I know you are praying for that.

Baylor started classes this week so I am back to work. It is odd to be able to spend as much time as I need on work without trying to work around hospitalizations, clinic appts., etc. Jack and Whit get back to school soon too. One is very excited, and the other thinks of it as Dooms Day. They are busy squeezing fun from the last few days of summer.

A final thing...we have loved reading your cards and letters these last few weeks. Paul meant so much to many of you, and that makes us feel good. Thanks also for the fun things you have sent us and Jack and Whit in the mail. Food cards, coins, and all sorts of things have come in the mail and made our days brighter. (-:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will never know just how much you guys are loved. We think of you and pray for you constantly. As you continue to press on, may you walk, eat and sleep knowing that we pray for comfort for you hearts, peace that passes all understanding, and joy that floods your souls. We love you, we love you, we love you.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I have not met any members of your precious family, but so often throughout the week we stop and lift you up in prayer. Some simple little thing will remind me of your family and your sorrow, and I stop to ask God to bring you peace at seemingly random times through the day. I'd like to think God has a way of letting so many of us know when you just need a little more strength or breath or rest. And so many of us will continue to pray. We love you!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holding you all close in prayer...

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was visiting a friend who lives on a farm near Marlin yesterday, and she offered to show me where the McClanahan Church is. What a lovely, peaceful place--and so much family tradition there. My friend has gotten to know you through your website, and she's been praying for your family, too.

I'm thinking of you today and lifting you up as you press on toward the upward calling.

Yours because His

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about all of you often and am praying for peace for you. Your precious angel is certainly watching over you from Heaven. May God bless you with happy memories and keep all of your hearts in His loving hands.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home