Whit with his new friend Ryan who is rumored to be a 24 fan (which also makes him a friend of mine!)At some point in every day, no matter how busy I am, something stops me, and I have to try to comprehend that Paul is no longer here. It's a hard moment, but thankfully, the moment following it usually ushers in a flood of great memories if I allow it. There are so many, and as a family we are quick to tell stories of funny things we remember about Paul. I hope that never ends. But those moments...they are very hard. Sometimes I wonder if Paul was ever here at all. It seems like so long ago that we had him with us. Maybe that is the mind's way of coping with such a huge loss. These moments put pressure on your faith. I have come to the conclusion that real faith exists only under conditions that challenge your ability to hold it. That may be one of the greatest ironies I have ever encountered.

1 Comments:
Praying for you guys...
The Pierces
Post a Comment
<< Home