Paul and Last Year's Daytona Race
You all know how much Paul (and the rest of us) love it when Jeff Gordon wins. Tomorrow night's Daytona (last year) was the last race that Paul watched before he died. Jamie McMurray, Paul's second favorite driver since he is from Joplin, MO and his Papa's favorite driver, won a very exciting race that night. Paul not feeling well that night, asked for the phone after the race to call Papa to say, "your man won...finally!!" It was something none of us would ever forget. This video contains pictures of Paul doing what he loved (along with a few photos of the Rainbow Warrior)...wearing his 24 gear and having fun. Enjoy. (-:
P.S. Cheer for the 24 tomorrow night!
P.S. Cheer for the 24 tomorrow night!

9 Comments:
Oh shoot, the video didn't work. I'd love to see it. Will be watching some nascar (ack) and thinking of sweet paulie tomorrow. :)
I love Paul's BIGGEST fan--Madalyn the Rock Star! They have always been so adorable together. I will always cherish the beautiful pictures we all took of the 2 of them!
Lindsay
Very nice T! A great tribute to sweet Paul. You can bet we'll be pulling for 24 around here. Well, all of us except EK, who insists on pulling for "the M&M car" no matter what. Clearly we're failing her somehow in her NASCAR training. : ) Really, great work on the video... Paul would LOVE it.
J
I haven't been to your blog in a while, but was looking through some posts on my blog and saw the post I made about a year ago....related to Paul. I thought about Paul last week when we rode the cars at Six Flags.
Love the video! Paul is my hero, too. Saying lots of prayers for you guys!!!
looking forward to the big race! You all are still in our prayers every day and we think of little Paul every time we listen to Nacho Libre!
My husband and I are diehard Jeff Gordon fans...and Jimmie too. I came across you blog from Cowtown Times...I had to go through you whole blog from the beginning to the end...Paul's little life has touch me deeply...I have to grandbabies and they are the joy of my life...can't even time about the lost of a child...please know for now on when we watch the races on TV and at Texas Motor Speedway (season ticket holder)I will think of Paul and say a pray for you and your family...cheering Jeff on for Paul. God continue to bless you and comfort you every day. Love in Christ Robin
Robin again I forgot to tell you we were at the Pepsi 400 at the same time yall were there...that was touching to know that Paul was there and enjoying the race as we were...God Bless you all Always in our prayers
Thinking many prayers and thoughts of you guys around this time. Thank God for the sweet good memories you all have with Paul. Leigh, I have seen you and Jack some mornings walking with the dog. One am as I whizzed by enroute to the office, I saw you with your arm around Jack's neck and thought how wonderful you have these mornings with your oldest son alone. I only imagined the talk you were having.....and I said a prayer for you at that moment. Paul came into my mind....
Donna M.
Post a Comment
<< Home