Fun at the Ranch and then Some Great News!

We went to south TX (near Uvalde) to the Hale Ranch this weekend for our annual reunion with our college friends. As is the usual tradition...we did a lot of four-wheeling, arrowhead hunting, deer and rabbit spotting (and one really big black snake), and of course, fishing. Paul made his first catch (as pictured) on his new #24 Jeff Gordon rod & reel. One newly added activity was a paintball battle. Much of the time was spent watching the kids play and catching up with our friends. I'll post a group photo soon.
I talked to our doc on the phone tonight. The awesome news he told me was that the COG, the Children's Oncology Group, had reopened the clinical trial late last Friday. That means that chemo is off (!!!) since Cook can now have their review board approve the clinical trial's reopening this week. Their meeting is set for this coming Thursday. I have no idea what might have changed in the protocol as a result of the closure or what reapproval at Cook might entail. Please continue to pray for the timing of all this. Now, instead of starting chemo this week, Paul gets to go to vacation Bible school with Jack. We'll begin the clinical trial most likely a week from tomorrow (at which time I am sure I'll have a whole slew of new prayer requests). Paul has felt good all weekend. We are better at heading off his "low points" during the day by timing his Tylenol/Motrin more accurately. Please pray that he has a good week without a lot of discomfort as we wait on treatment to begin. God is showing us His faithfulness as we learn to wait on Him.

5 Comments:
What an answer to prayer! Another normal weeek in the Saxon household without daily trips to Ft. Worth. Enjoy the week with the family! You are in our prayers!
Paul,
Nice fish...bring your Jeff Gordon fishing pole to my house next time you visit and we'll go fishin!
Mr. Louis and Gabe
That is wonderful news. God is an awesome God!!!! Even though I am no longer at BU, I continue to keep up with what is going on with Paul and I always have you all in my prayers. I will contiue to pray.
Blessings to you all.
~Laura Wolf
I just want ya'll to know I'm praying for ya'll and keeping up with how Paul is doing. Praise the Lord that clinical trial opened up. I miss working with Whit, but I know he's in good hands. I can see God has blessed your family in very special and sometimes hard ways. But I saw the faith and trust ya'll have placed in Him. God is faithful!
~Rebecca Sharp
What wonderful news! I am so happy you are able to continue with a normal family routine a little longer. Thank you for sharing your story and personal thoughts with all of us. Reading your blog is part of my morning routine and I will continue to pray for Paul and the entire Saxon family.
Post a Comment
<< Home