Saturday, July 22, 2006

Back at Cook for the Weekend

It's been a busy few days since my last update. We finished up radiation without any problems on Friday. Afterwards, Paul and I headed to Tyler to spend a day or so with Nana, Grandpa and Jack. I had intended to head to Waco with Jack on Sunday, but a little thing called fever has messed up our plans. Paul's white cell count is still very low from the chemo, and fever under those conditions usually gets you a ticket back to the hospital for antibiotics, cultures, etc. It all started on the way to Tyler when Paul complained about his tooth (right front). Around New Year's Paul injured his tooth on a coffee table, but the dentist said it was fine as long as it didn't get infected. When he awoke this morning with a very sore, swollen gum around that tooth, I knew what had happened. It does look like an infected tooth at this point, but it will be Monday before we see a dentist up here. My guess is that it will be extracted. Paul has alreay asked if the tooth fairy would show up. I'm sure you know what I told him. (-;

Anyway, I am very glad we came up from Tyler. He needed platelets and blood, and this infection could have gotten out of control with such a low white count. As I write, he is lying in bed watching TV not feeling too well, but I am happy that we are here so he can get the care he needs right away. He really has been through so much this summer. I expect he'll turn this around soon especially with all the big gun antibiotics he is getting. Please pray for Paul to feel better soon, to get this tooth thing resolved quickly, and for a quick bounceback so we can get on with treatment. I know you are all praying in high gear.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're sorry to hear you're back at Cook for the weekend, but glad you acted quickly to get things under control ASAP. The prayers are still flowing and we look forward to having the Saxons all back in Waco very soon.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home