Thursday, July 13, 2006

Maybe a Shorter Stay

I've had in my head that this was a 2-4 week hospital stay. Yesterday our doc mentioned that IF Paul can keep fever away and continue to do well, he might get discharged this weekend. If that happens I'm sure we'll be back up here for blood next week as well as radiation, but it would be nice to have him home for a few days before we start all that. So, pray against infection as his blood counts drop. Paul did awaken in a happy mood this morning. It could be that he feels better after finally getting a good night's rest, but whatever the reason, we are glad. I am heading up there today to give Leigh a break for a while. Whit is on his way for a week of serious grandparent spoilage in Missouri. Keep your prayers going...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Saxons!
I have read your blogs since the day of Paul's diagnosis.. Reagan and I pray for him everyday. It means more to her now since she knows him a little better and we have been able to talk about how God has answered so many prayers throughout this time in your lives.. We continue to pray for Paul's health to improve and ultimately for complete healing. We pray for your strength and wisdom as you make decisions about treatment and know God will lead you in the right direction. Please please let me know if you ever need help with Whit or Jack... I only work 2 days a week (T/W) and know Reagan would love to play with the boys anytime. You will remain in our prayers daily.. I promise. Lauri Watkins

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please know that your family is in our prayer's daily. We are praying for that weekned trip home!
I was so excited to see Paul at Kindergarten Round-up in the Spring. I know many of your plans are up in the air right now, but please don't hesitate to call and let me know what I can do on the school front for you....you know I work in the office and am glad to do whatever I can to help.

Rhonda Jones

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't help but share what I just read for the July 14th devotion in a book called "Voices of the Faithful". The title for today's devotion was "Even in Ilness, He is with me." (You certainly already know that.) The missionary who wrote today's devotion, said she read 2 Corinthians 4:17 the morning she was to check into a foreign hospital. The verse says:
"FOR OUR LIGHT AND MOMENTARY TROUBLES ARE ACHIEVING FOR US AN ETERNAL GLORY THAT FAR OUTWEIGHS THEM ALL." I know that your troubles seem much more than light and momentary, but the missionary in the devotion goes on to say that after reading that verse of scripture, she knew that everything would be ok. God reminded her that He created her and would take care of her as he always had. This devotion book has been put together by Beth Moore with a short prayer at the end of each day's devotion. Part of today's prayer said: "When things seem too big for me, remind me that you are Jehovah Jireh, my Provider." May God be very close to all of you today. I look forward to seeing Whit while he is with Grandma & Grandpa.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home