Saturday, November 18, 2006

Less Positive about Being Negative


The culture from 24 hours ago remains positive, so here we remain. Paul has no symptoms except for intermittent stomach issues. Yesterday I managed to coerce an afternoon pass since Paul is/was doing so well. Paul picked Long John Silver's as his first stop where he ate a pretty good meal. Then, we went to Gabe's for his birthday party (see picture). We should get another pass today and tomorrow if we have to stay. As far as a plan, I haven't spoken to a doctor today, but I think the chances are getting high that we will have to replace Paul's port sometime in the near future. We may try another antibiotic, but I think this almost 4 yr. old port has done its time. It's not the end of the world, but it sure is inconvenient and an added heap of trouble. Keep on praying...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the port. The timing stinks, but then I guess there never is a "good" time for things like that. I hope that this will be a very special Thanksgiving no matter where you spend it.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlo said exactly what I was thinking. May you indeed be blessed and everyday be thanksgiving for you...and for us all.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home