One of Those Days...

...a pretty good one, in fact. I left this morning to take Paul to FW expecting to be admitted (at least for the weekend) given his level of back pain, etc. I was sort of hoping for it actually since we just can't stand to see him miserable. I also left wondering what was wrong with Whit. As I stated yesterday, he has been sick a lot lately. He just can't seem to kick the bugs out of his body. Whit is at risk for "endocarditis," a heart infection of the valves, since he had a heart surgery as a baby. Prolonged infections are not good. So, Dr. John was going to run some blood tests to see how things looked. Endocarditis means IV antibiotics in the hospital minimum. As it turns out...I was wrong on both accounts. Now, most professors dislike being wrong, but I was happy to be wrong today. (-:
The doc in FW helped us set up a schedule to give Paul his pain med, Lortab (Hydrocodon for kids), on a regular basis so that we can prevent pain as opposed to treating it once it comes on. I'm hopeful that we can do better with this plan this weekend. As for Whit, none of his tests indicate endocarditis but rather just persistent bugs (i.e., sinus infections). He'll begin a different antibiotic to see if that helps.
So, we are all home this weekend...for better or worse. We'll choose to make it better by considering our huge blessings of the day and week. We plan on doing some Christmas decorating and relaxing as much as possible. Thanks for your constant prayers! (-:

2 Comments:
We praise God for His many blessings.
We are so grateful that you are all home together and we hope that your weekend is terrific.
Also, we pray that the pain medications work for Paul, that the tests this week show that God is placing His healing hand on Paul, that Whit gets rid of his "bugs," and that Jack, you and Leigh continue to stay healthy.
Enjoy your time together.
Prayers continue for strength, wisdom and guidance as you and Leigh make decisions regarding Paul's treatment.
KG
Hi,Saxon family.We have been thinking of you .We would like to go eat chicken sometime ,and play some uno with Paul.Tell Paul we miss him.hope he fells better soon.
I have been doing good i am back in school.I am in remission.I have HAIR.I have been off chemo for about 9 weeks now.I will go back to FW in on Dec.13 for testing I would love to talk more. the Fair family Brian Debbie Devin Dylan 254-709-4128
Post a Comment
<< Home