Spoiled Rotten!
Ok, I know we've struggled lately with accomodating Paul's wishes a little too much, but I always thought we had a pretty good grasp on when to draw the line. However, Terrill has officially proven that there is no line! Last night around 10, the guys were in bed, Paul's TPN was hooked up and flowing (into his port), and they were watching a movie, waiting to fall asleep. Someone in the movie was eating ridged potato chips when Paul announced that he wanted some. Terrill agreed to go get him some the next day, but, of course, Paul wanted them right then. Never wanting to miss an opportunity to get him to eat, Terrill bundled up Paul in the stroller (with TPN and all) and they headed across the street to a convenience store. Paul picked out 2 bags of sour cream and onion Ruffles and devoured his "midnight snack"! Are you parents out there just cringing? Trust me, this is not within our normal parameters of parenting, but lately all bets are off on what is normal for us!
On the pain front, Paul seems to be improving. He's still on several pain meds, but things seem to helping more effectively. They both slept well, woke up to a gorgeous sunny day, and Terrill is optimistic that they will tackle the museum today. They better take lots of pictures!
Praising my Lord today as I think of my boys enjoying themselves in VT. Also praising Him when I think of the MANY of you out there interceding for us constantly. Pray on!...
On the pain front, Paul seems to be improving. He's still on several pain meds, but things seem to helping more effectively. They both slept well, woke up to a gorgeous sunny day, and Terrill is optimistic that they will tackle the museum today. They better take lots of pictures!
Praising my Lord today as I think of my boys enjoying themselves in VT. Also praising Him when I think of the MANY of you out there interceding for us constantly. Pray on!...

6 Comments:
Sometimes the opportunity to indulge our children is a blessing in itself!
Thank you our Father in heaven for all your bountiful blessings. We love you so much and are so grateful. Please let them continue. Amen.
Thank you Lord for potato chips and a Daddy that will seek them out late at night!
I would not call that Spoiled---I would call that LOVE!!
Thank You Lord for another day that this daddy can pour out his love for our precious little Paulie!!
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24
I think all of us who read this blog regularly think you guys are two of the MOST AWESOME parents around! And heck, if my kid was sick with even just a bad cold and hadn't been eating, and wanted chips at night, and was insistent it had to be now, I bet one of us would run to the store as well! You guys have been a great example to me, and to many others, not to sweat the small stuff and to focus on the big things that really matter with our kids -- love, fun, memories, and cherishing each day as it comes. Crunch on, Paulie!
Love,
The Fricks
Amen to all the above!
In the larger scheme of things, a late-night food foraging run isn't going to do any significant nutritional damage. But Paul will always know that his parents love him dearly and are sacrificially available to meet his needs and even his wants. I agree with the first poster--the opportunity to indulge our children is a blessing. May we all take advantage of every possible opportunity!
Once again, y'all are a great example.
Post a Comment
<< Home