CT gave us news but not the good kind...
Paul's CT shows a few new soft tissue areas. The bump on his forehead is NB as are one or two other areas on his scalp. At least one or two of these are so small that I can't see them. We are talking about our options and haven't lost courage. It helps that Paul is feeling well and is back to himself. Whatever got us admitted...fever...is now gone, and he never had a culture go positive. I guess it was a blessing that we got admitted when we did so that we got this CT information so soon before things took off. We may consult with a radiation doc and get a full CT tomorrow to make sure there is not more someplace, but hopefully Paul will be discharged tomorrow or Thursday. It's so much easier doing all this stuff inpatient. At anyrate, it's not the news we wanted, but we have had it given to us before. Faith and hope are all the more important in these kinds of circumstances. We know you are praying for Paul and our decisions.

3 Comments:
I was hoping that our parallel lives would diverge at some point, , but we both continue to have good days followed by bad. So sorry for the bad news. Now you must face the battle of hope vs. despair.
"Do not think like everyone else does... Do not fear anything except the Lord Almighty...If you fear him, you need fear nothing else..." (Is 8)
Marlo
I just came home from my very long day, and read your latest post...and it broke my heart. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to post write the post about the CT results at 4:30, and come right after to our symposium. I couldn't ask for a better mentor...not only at school...but in life. I am continually amazed at your strength, and when your strength falters...your faith. Paul will continue to be in our prayers, as will the rest of your family.
Michelle
There are many, many people praying for Paul who are unknown to you and most of us who read this blog. I've not posted a note before, but I want you to know this. You, Paul, and your family have been close to my heart and in my prayers since the day he was diagnosed. Paul's name appears every Sunday in our church bulletin here in Oklahoma so that all can pray for him. Another group meets each Wednesday morning and offers him up in their prayers. Few who see his name on Sunday actually know his story, but they believe that their prayers make a difference. And that's the bottom line--Faith! Losing sight of God's hand at work in your life and Paul's life is human. When that happens again, know that we will be your strength to help hold you up. Thank you for asking us to do that. You remind us that God works through us. He calls us to be with you and not let you walk alone. -PW
Post a Comment
<< Home