Great things
Some things said between brothers are better mentioned quietly at dinner. UPDATE (10pm-ish): First, thanks to all of you out there that gathered tonight to pray for Paul. I wonder how many prayers have been said on Paul's behalf during the last 4.5 years? It is reassuring to know we are covered. Well, Paul never made it to ToysRUs today. He just couldn't muster the energy. And, I was beginning to wonder is he was going to pull out of his sleepiness today at all when about 30mins ago he awoke. He is still dealing with some mouth pain that we need to address so keep on praying on that one. When I asked him what he would like to do...go on to bed, stay up, etc. he said he wanted to "do something." I replied, "Paul, I will do anything in the world right now for you. You name it." I meant this. His choice? Watch a DVD. So, here we are watching Indian in the Cupboard. I don't know (nor does anyone else) how long Paul has with us. Like starting life in the world, leaving it is under the jurisdiction of God. I'm glad He is hearing from so many.
********************************
Paul's low energy level keeps him either in the bed or on the sofa. He spends a good deal of his time asleep, dreaming happy dreams of driving the 24 car I think. He told me yesterday that when he grows up he intends to drive that car or be a football player. When I asked about a backup plan in case these things didn't work out, he said he would be a doctor. Who knew?
Today he has claimed that he wants to go to ToysRUs to spend some gift cards. He is just so tired - probably due to low red count - but I would not bet against this kid.
A prayer request beside HEALING...he has some kind of mouth sore giving him a problem. Pray that that would resolve and he would eat some real food. We know your prayers are unrelenting. God has done great things, and that is what I still expect.
Today he has claimed that he wants to go to ToysRUs to spend some gift cards. He is just so tired - probably due to low red count - but I would not bet against this kid.
A prayer request beside HEALING...he has some kind of mouth sore giving him a problem. Pray that that would resolve and he would eat some real food. We know your prayers are unrelenting. God has done great things, and that is what I still expect.

20 Comments:
priceless picture!
we're praying boldly out here in blog-land, even those of us who have never met you!
It takes great courage to drive the 24 car, so I can't think of anyone better than Paul to replace Jeff Gordon some day! So sorry I can't be at the church tonight, be am and will be praying here in NJ. Cliff
Oh, dear God , heal your little child. Your power is bigger than his dreams; please hear his wishes and give us the hope he has. We need a miracle, God, and are asking that you grant it, please, to glorify your name. lk
We're right there with you guys, Terrill and Leigh. Thank you for the pictures. Please know that we are praying for comfort, strength, and courage for your entire family, especially Paul. I would be at your church tonight, but I am at home with our little one while Dana is at VBS.
May you Saxons continue to have the strength to be a source of hope and faith in our community.
Amen to "lks" fervent prayer.
As a practicing dentist, I am amazed at Paul's dental work on himself. Has he ever thought about going to dental school?
WOW, what a special picture! Thank you for sharing!
May God keep you all in HIS loving arms.
D. Lightfoot
I just want you to know that since Paul's first diagnosis he's held a special place in the hearts of everyone in our family. My aunt Tammy attends your church and she's always kept us updated. We, too believe that God still works miracles and can heal Paul. We're praying for you daily. With love and many blessings.
Thank you for the pictures and letting us hear from Paul. It helps us pray. Everyone at FBC Woodway is lifting up Paul and the entire Saxon family. Stay strong!
Paul is my hero. May God bless him, his brothers and his parents totally and completely.
You are all in my prayers.
The pictures and the precious stories warm our hearts. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. We love you dearly.
I was not there in body last night but I was with you in spirit as i sat in my office and prayed for healing.
majka
Paul,
Keep fighting the good fight. We love you. Hang in there little buddy!
Leigh and Terrill, my heart and prayers are with you. Paul holds a special place in my heart and I pray for his healing each day. His and your courage and faith are truly something to be looked at and learned from. God has blessed us all by knowing you. You were there for our family and our prayers are now for your family. Know that our prayers are with you at all times. Much, much love!!
The Terrell family in Grapevine is praying for you to feel encouraged and strong in your hearts, minds and bodies today and in the upcoming days. We have loved seeing the pictures of your good-looking boys...there is such a special bond between brothers! We are thankful that as we pray we know that we have a HOPE that does not disappoint. "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Rom. 15:13)
Kristiana emailed me about Paul and I just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and your family.
Praying for you guys!
God bless and keep you, Paul, and your family close to his heart.
thank you for sharing your story.
Psalm 56 3,4
"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in you.
In God ( I will praise His Word),
In God I have put my trust;
I will not fear,
What can flesh do to me?"
lexington, Ky
Dear Saxon family,
My dear friend sent me the link to your blog-spot. Although I have never met you, my heart hurts for all your family is going through, but at the same time I am encouraged by your faith and committment to our Savior. I am praying that God will bring healing to Paul, and that these days will be filled with His peace. In Christ's love,
Lesley
We pray that God will wrap His arms around Paul and your entire family. His power is greater than our understanding.
Post a Comment
<< Home