Sunday, September 02, 2007

Joy and hope

I'll get to do this again someday!

Paul's absence in our family has been at the forefront of all we do lately. These last few days have had moments of deep sadness for us. I guess that since we have settled into a new routine with school, work, etc., distractions have lost some of their power. We just miss him. There are no books to read, nothing that anyone can say, no experience that can be had or anything else that can be done to lessen our longing for him. So, we look at his photos, watch home movies, see signs of him all around the house, talk about what he did, what he said, what he would have done, and of course...we cry our eyes out. Grief. I suppose that is what we have here. All this is not to say that we don't have joy. Happiness? Probably not right now. But, joy...yes. I recently read Don Piper's 90 Minutes in Heaven where he describes what he experienced, i.e., going to heaven, when he was killed in a car wreck but was later brought back to life. If Paul is now experiencing what Piper recounts, and I believe Paul is, then I have no choice but to have joy. I have joy too because I know the Lord and because of that I will one day behold Paul with my own eyes and be with him again. How do people do it without that hope? Keep praying for us; we need our "daily bread." (-:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

be assured that we are still praying. and clinging to Psalm 34:18 that the Lord is near to the brokenhearted. May you feel His "nearness" every moment!
with love,Melanie T. in MS

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you Saxons. We pray for you always, knowing that God is still proving His faithful and everlasting love to you. He is singing over you and washing you with His perfect love even now. May your hearts be filled and your hope be complete.
The Hopes

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course we continue to pray as you continue to grieve. Please know how much we thank you for posting - - though we know you're settling into the new school year's routine and can't report on everyday mundane, many of us continue to check daily and are so happy for updates to know you all are hanging in there. God bless you and hold you close. XO

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There... I spoke with Dr. Sholler a few days ago and she told me about your amazing family! We too recently lost a son to cancer. (Stage IV Neuroblastoma) Our Brent was just under a week away from his 9th birthday when the tumor was found. (It was found October 22, 04) He fought for 8 months, was "NED" for 6, then relapsed in December of 05. He went to be with JESUS on Jan. 2, 2007. He was 11 years old and was one of the MOST AMAZING little men on the face of the earth.
;-)

I guess I just wanted to let you know that we've "been there" and would love to "BE THERE" for you if you ever need to talk. We've too have put our HOPE & FAITH in GOD (Jesus) and are comforted in the knowledge that we WILL see our precious boy again. (I'm SO BLESSED that you have this same peace) I'm leaving Brent's site info along with my name. You can contact me by email at nason5@aol.com if you'd like.

God's RICHEST BLESSINGS to You!
In CHRIST,
Tonya Nason

caringbridge.org/ms/brentnason

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your honesty about your grief....and your joy. We are praying for your whole family and will continue to.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I do not like to respond to anything much but you know I have been praying for you guys. I read that same book and the one thing that stood out to me was when he was so overjoyed about being with our Lord that nothing else mattered, he did not miss his family or anything else. This gave me great comfort knowing that a loved one with the Lord is truly taken care of. I love you guys!
Tommy R.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrill,
What a sweet picture of you and Paul! I hope you've taken photos like that pose of you and all your boys.

Blessings to you all.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great picture of you two! Paul couldn't take a bad picture. Thanks for continuing to include us in your journey. We're still praying.

Laura

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for all of you. I know there's nothing we can do to lift the grief and pain, but we can help you carry it. We love you guys.

Yours because His

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What precious hands of love! We have that assurance we'll be reunited with those we have let go from this earth, but it doesn't mean we can fill the hole they leave in our lives. I pray for God's salve in your wounds. I care and will continue to pray.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying for ya'll up here in KY.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet, sweet picture. You can see the love on your face. Just precious!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like a Father's love... both here on earth and in Heaven.
Still keeping you all close in prayer.

D. Lightfoot

4:39 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

OH I’m SO GLAD YOU READ THAT BOOK!!! I had the good intention of sending it to you but I never did!! I read it for the first time in December and it so helped me with the loss of my dad who went to heaven Dec. 03. The very moment I heard that Paul’s journey on earth was over I reached for it again and read the chapter where Don Piper recounts his heavenly experience. It is hard for me to be “sad” that my dad is gone after reading that book. I miss him terribly and wish he was here to watch my boys grow up but that book helped take my sadness away. I pray that one day it (and others) will help your family as well.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home