An Almost Perfect Thanksgiving
Thank you Dudley for the post below. Dudley's post has reminded me of how thankful we are to have you all out there praying constantly and for the tangible gifts that you send our way. Meals are still showing up as well as the house cleanings, gift cards to restaurants, cash, and many other things for the kids. Thank you all for such a continuous stream of care. We want for nothing. (-;
I have just returned from a near perfect Thanksgiving. When Paul was discharged on Wed., Jack, Whit and I drove to FW and picked up Leigh and Paul and, then we drove the rest of the day to Mawmaw and Papa's house (Leigh's folks live in Joplin, MO). It was so much fun to have us all together again and on a roadtrip! Paul is completely back to "good ol' Paul." I have not seen him feel this good since before NYC. He is so much back to normal that he is close to earning timeouts. (-: The Lord blessed us with wonderful weather in Joplin. We spent much time outdoors playing. We really did not want to come home today. Tonight, Leigh and Paul are staying in FW since Paul is due to get his new port placed tomorrow (day surgery) and start a 5-day cycle of chemo (same drugs as last time). Please pray for a smooth port placement tomorrow. We have seen our share of "events" lately. Also, Leigh and I have to get busy doing our research and exploring the next steps in treatment for Paul soon. Someone please pray on this for us.
One other prayer request, Whit has been ill lately with ear infections. He has been on several antibiotics and continues to feel bad and run fever intermittently. I plan to take him in to see Dr. John tomorrow to see what's what. Pray that his body can overcome whatever is going on in there. Thanks again for all your prayers!
P.S. Some good pix are coming soon!
I have just returned from a near perfect Thanksgiving. When Paul was discharged on Wed., Jack, Whit and I drove to FW and picked up Leigh and Paul and, then we drove the rest of the day to Mawmaw and Papa's house (Leigh's folks live in Joplin, MO). It was so much fun to have us all together again and on a roadtrip! Paul is completely back to "good ol' Paul." I have not seen him feel this good since before NYC. He is so much back to normal that he is close to earning timeouts. (-: The Lord blessed us with wonderful weather in Joplin. We spent much time outdoors playing. We really did not want to come home today. Tonight, Leigh and Paul are staying in FW since Paul is due to get his new port placed tomorrow (day surgery) and start a 5-day cycle of chemo (same drugs as last time). Please pray for a smooth port placement tomorrow. We have seen our share of "events" lately. Also, Leigh and I have to get busy doing our research and exploring the next steps in treatment for Paul soon. Someone please pray on this for us.
One other prayer request, Whit has been ill lately with ear infections. He has been on several antibiotics and continues to feel bad and run fever intermittently. I plan to take him in to see Dr. John tomorrow to see what's what. Pray that his body can overcome whatever is going on in there. Thanks again for all your prayers!
P.S. Some good pix are coming soon!

3 Comments:
Your family and well as the doctors are in my prayers. I ask that God lead you in the direction that would be best for Paul. I also ask that HE place HIS hands on you all and give you peace.
Whit, I hope that you feel better very soon!
Blessings and Prayers,
D. Lightfoot
Crawford, TX
Fervent prayers for Paul's port surgery and for wisdom and guidance to know the next steps have been lifted for you this morning! More to come throughout the day. So thrilled to know you guys had such a wonderful holiday!
Erin
I am asking God for wisdom and discernment for the next steps for Paul's treatment. I know He knows the way which you should go. I am also rejoicing with you at the wonderful family time that you had together! God is so good and has heard alot of prayers on behalf of Paul! May the Great Physician guide the hands of the doctors even today as the new port is put in. So much to pray for...so much to be grateful for.
We love you all,
jan and terry
Post a Comment
<< Home