Tarantulas and Disney Land

Paul doing one of his favorite things at church (thanks Amber!)
After work last week Jack and I drove to a state park and camped for the weekend. We had a great time sitting around the campfire, playing with knives and hatchets, hiking and fishing. At dusk one night we were driving around the park, and we saw what we thought was a small mouse sitting in the middle of the road. We got out to look, and it turned out to be a tarantula! It was about 4 inches in diameter; I was really glad that we zipped up the tent after the park ranger told us that, "...they are all over the place out here and won't bother you if you won't bother them." Uh...Yeah.
It was a good weekend for some Jack-Dad time since Leigh took Whit to Disney Land for his birthday. They went with their buddies Miss Jen and her little girl Emma (Whit's best friend). As I write they are probably riding Space Mountain. It's hard to believe that Whit will turn 5 this week. We have a big party planned this weekend, and while I know it will be lots of fun..it will also be hard to do without our Paulie.
Say some prayers for our friends James Runde and Anna Jane. James is probably in his last few days, and Anna Jane has had some tough days lately. Lift them and their parents' names to the Lord this week as you continue to pray for us.

1 Comments:
Thank you for these fun stories about the happenings in the Saxon house!! We know you miss Paul down to the deepest fibers of your souls, but it makes my heart happy (and I am sure other web-trollers) to know that yall are sprinkling the usual laughter and fun into your days. I will also make a point to lift up these other families struggling with sick children. Lots of love -
Post a Comment
<< Home