Monday, May 14, 2007

Home appreciation

Some hospital supplies being used at home

Texas boys in the Texas bluebonnets


Once again, I am appreciating my own home. Ten days in the hospital will do that to you. Paul is laying here on the couch watching baseball and also enjoying some peace and quiet from the constant care of nurses. Paul got dose 3 of 4 of the Velcade today. So far, the side effect I have noticed the most in Paul is extreme fatigue. He also still has some serious bouts of nausea. He's sort of in a lazy, sleeping mood most of the day, but I am sure the new coctail of pain and nausea meds are playing a role.

We don't have any plans to do any scans right away, but if you're wondering if he has responded to the chemo, I would say yes at this point. The numerous lumps that were coming up on his face and scalp are gone for the most part. The big lump between his eyes is still around, but not growing. His head is once again as smooth as a cue ball.

Please pray that Paul has in fact gotten a good response to these drugs, and pray that he can tolerate the side effects.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are all home! I am praying today for NO PAIN, NO NAUSEA, and peace for your entire family...BTW, I love the new pics!
Lisa S.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home